Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some French Toast for Sunday



Finally a beautiful day all around. The sun is shining, the birds are eating their seeds, my parents are smiling - not to mention my children who also are smiling and my husband is totally content. I shared my happiness with my family via some delicious french toast. Continue to read and maybe, one morning you can make it too and your family will smile!


Sunday French Toast with Berry Compote and Bacon Confetti

It all starts out with the following....
Milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, juice of one orange and naturally, some delicious bread like Challah (shown) or brioche or any other thickly sliced bread.

Next, mix the eggs, milk, orange juice, vanilla and maple syrup. Put it to the side and start on berry compote.


Which you will need berries (strawberries and blueberries is what I had in the frig), maple syrup and cinnamon sugar butter (regular butter works great too but, if you can get this from a gourmet store the compote will taste out of this world!)

Okay, add about 1 cup of syrup to small pot and put over low heat. When it starts to boil add the butter (2-3 tablespoons) and start to whip it in. Lower the heat to simmer and start to fry (or broil) some bacon (5-6 strips will do).

Next slice the bread pretty thick so all the sweet liquids go right into the middle areas.



Dip one to two slices into the egg mixture and put on a greased flat pan (a long griddle pan in my case) and cook for about 1-3 minutes on one side and flip over.


Meanwhile add berries to maple syrup mixture and stir to incorporate.
Then it's time to set up your plates. Sorry about no photos here -- still learning how to create and visualize my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment